VeriCite is a plagiarism detection tool in Canvas that will check your papers for potential plagiarism by comparing assignments to existing works, including:
- completed WPI assignments submitted through SafeAssign
- papers on the web
- "pay for paper" sites
- select databases
and will identify areas of overlap.
Instructors: Create a VeriCite submission point for papers.
Students: To submit a draft of your assignment to check it for potential plagiarism before you submit it for a grade, join the 'Check Your Papers for Plagiarism' class in Canvas by following the steps below:
- Log in to Canvas.
- In Global Navigation on the left hand side, click on the 'Courses' link, then click on the 'All Courses' link.
- In the My Courses page sidebar, click the 'Browse More Courses' link.
- Navigate to the second page of courses, and join the 'Check Your Papers for Plagiarism' course.
- From the course web page, you will be able to follow the instructions and submit a draft of your paper.
- To view your VeriCite report once you have submitted your paper, make sure you go to your grades view for the course, and select the percentage icon for the paper you just submitted.
For questions about VeriCite, email the Academic Technology Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.