1. Simply go the WPI Library website, click on the link to a database, ejournal, or ebook.
2. Login with a WPI username and password (on campus users will not be prompted to login).
Links to eResources on library web pages will contain a URL prefix that will point the resource to EZproxy. Library eResources, including EBSCOhost, LexisNexis, Knovel ebooks, JSTOR, Web of Science, ScienceDirect, and others will be set up for EZproxy access.
If you have a question about access to a resource, please let us know.
Google Scholar Options
To access WPI resources through Google Scholar from off campus, users will need to either:
- Bookmark http://scholar.google.com.ezproxy.wpi.edu/
- Access Google Scholar from the Databases & Electronic Resources page or
- Set up Library Links in Scholar Preferences. The preferences should be set by searching the Library Links for Worcester Polytechnic Institute and Open WorldCat. Once you have done that, click on Save Preferences.
Tips & Troubleshooting
- Enter your WPI username and password
- WPI library sometimes provides many ejournals or ebooks within a publisher's site, but not all. Check the WPI Journals List or WPI Library Catalog to make sure we have access to the title and date range you need. If we do not, consider Interlibrary Loan.
- Personal or corporate firewalls could possibly block users from accessing electronic resources. Suggest to your user/firewall administrator create an exception for ezproxy.wpi.edu.
- Getting an EZProxy Hostname error? This could indicate a source needs to be added to the WPI Library's database configuration file. Please alert library staff.
- Still having trouble? Try another access option: WPI's remote desktop.
EZProxy for Off Campus Access
EZproxy makes access to electronic journals, electronic books, and databases from off campus much easier!
Simply click on the link to a database, electronic journal, or electronic book, and login with your WPI username and password.
For most resources, on campus users
will not be prompted to login.
What about the old proxy?
Because the WPI community relies on the proxy service for access abroad, the service will continue to be provided.
Test EZProxy Now
If you can connect to these resources from off campus, after login with your WPI username & password, then the EZProxy works for you.