Resources for bioinformatics and computational biology
Last Updated: Nov 26, 2013
- NCBI Tools
National Center for Biotechnology Information provides a range of tools for querying many types of gene, protein & other biological sequences
NCBI tool: Finds regions of similarity between biological sequences
- DAVID via NIH
Functional annotation tools for investigators to understand biological meaning behind large lists of genes
Protein sequence and functional information sponsored by EBI, Georgetown U and SIB
- Toolbox at the EBI
From the European Institute of Bioinformatics (EBI) . Provides a comprehensive range of tools.
- BioResearcher Toolkit
From University of Washington, tools on biomolecules, cells & tissues, organisms & populations as well as computer & laboratory tools.
Genomic analysis platform that provides access to more than 150 tools for gene expression analysis, proteomics, SNP analysis, flow cytometry, RNA-seq analysis, and common data processing tasks
- OBRC: Online Bioinformatics Resources Collection
Provided by University of Pittsburgh Health Sciences Library
Software system which produces and maintains automatic annotation on selected eukaryotic genomes.
- UCSC Genome Browser
- BioGene - iPhone & iPod touch
- BioGPS - iPhone, IPod Touch, IPad
- BioTools - iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad
- Entrez Sequence - Android
- GeneIndex - iPhone, IPod Touch, IPad
- GenomePad - iPhone, IPod Touch
- Molecules - iPhone, IPad
- New England Biolabs (NEB) Tools - iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad.
- GeneWallet Lite
- Bioinformatics Info - Android
- Genome Wowser 1.0 - iPad
For a refresher on using the library and getting resources from other libraries, check out the following guides.