“One-Shot” Instructional and Assessment Plan (2022)
This following “One-Shot” assessment plan incorporates elements of the ACRL Information Literacy Standards for Higher Education, with an emphasis on the following competencies: research as inquiry, searching as strategic exploration, authority is constructed and contextual, and finally, information creation as a process.
Goals and Objectives of "One-shot" Instruction (revised in 2022; modified from 2020-21 LAS goals):
1. To promote critical thinking through information literacy.
2. To reinforce the importance of source evaluation with regard to the use of appropriate information and research for student work.
3. To collaborate with faculty to integrate information literacy within online course instruction to meet the needs of undergraduate students.
4. To conduct assessment of student learning, collect data, and develop student centric approaches to information literacy which are flexible and adaptable to a variety of academic disciplines.
5. Prioritize the creation of online, asynchronous modules and problem-based learning activities, deliverables, and assets, in accord with the WPI Plan.
The following "One-Shot" assessment will utilize the Library Academic Strategies (LAS) Learning Outcomes, developed in 2021, as an initial point of departure for student assessment, with a focus on outcomes # 2 & 3.
Information Literacy (IL) Learning Outcomes (2021):
1. Identifying an information need:
2. Identifying where and how to find information
3. Evaluating information:
4. Organizing and documenting information
5. Responsible creation and ethical use of information
Undergraduate Learning Outcomes
Graduates of WPI will: