Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What's In This Guide
This guide focuses on where to start searching for chemical information and literature.
- Evaluating Sources: learning how to evaluate sources will ensure that your own research is built on verifiable, current information.
- Chemistry Research Databases and Journals: Here's where to start if you are looking for original research articles, patents, substance and reaction information, and more.
- Lab Notebooks, Techniques, & Protocols: Find more on methods, techniques, and protocols in electronic technical handbooks, searchable by chapter.
- Technical Writing: Find general tips and resources for technical writing.
- Citations: Find information why we cite and when to cite. This page also lists resources for writing Chemistry citations.
Questions? Ask us:
- Send us a chat email@example.com?skin=27661
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule a research consultation http://wpi.libcal.com/appointments/
- Drop in to the Research & Instruction offices (on the main floor of the library)